Discounted fee schedules are available to qualifying customers. Travel, accommodation, special materials, per-diem and overtime expenses may apply depending on your project requirements.
Why You Should Work With Carmina Cristina
“Makeup is an art but it’s also a business and it should be treated as such. I consider both parts to be of equal importance. Keeping the project on time and within budget is as important to me as the makeup artistry and application.” ~ Carmina-Cristina
Located in Harrisburg and serving Lancaster, Camp Hill, York and surrounding Central PA areas, Carmina-Cristina brings to the table her impressive creative knowhow and experience, professionalism and patience.
More than that, her uplifting positive energy will set the ‘can-do’ tone for the entire project! In short, Carmina is someone you want to work with for so much more than just her unmatched makeup artistry talent. She is someone you want to work with for her professional presence and positive attitude as well.
When hiring a professional makeup artist for your project, you want to be sure to choose someone who is passionate and knowledgeable in their field, has experience working under pressure and is willing to listen to your directions. Only this way you can be sure the makeup artist will contribute to the intense team effort in turning your vision into reality.
And this type of makeup artist is Carmina Cristina.
“I deliver quality makeup application, creativity and professionalism. Guided by these core values, I help turn a vision into a real-life artistic expression that can be captured by TV, movies and commercial photography.” ~ Carmina-Cristina
With a decade of growth and success, Carmina-Cristina is an internationally trained makeup artist and a self-proclaimed perfectionist. In a profession where so often makeup artists are behind-the-scenes focusing on only one thing, Carmina’s versatility and wide range of skills will make her a unique asset to your professional team. Carmina is a can-do, get-it-done type of person – always the first one on set and the last one to leave. She works well with talent, knows how to put them at ease and creates an atmosphere of camaraderie and fun. She will impress you with her quality of work, ingenuity and professionalism. If you need to capture the most attractive qualities of a product or a person on film, you need Carmina-Cristina. So did many other producers and photographers who provided rave reviews about her work.
5 Reasons Why Commercial Projects Need a Professional Makeup Artist
1. They save you time – A professional makeup artist takes several big tasks off your list. They organize the talent, keep them moving on schedule and ensure they’re looking their absolute best.
2. They save you money – Retouching film isn’t cheap and can be a significant line-item in your budget. With a professional makeup artist, you will save money in the long run by making your talent look flawless from the start.
3. They bring unique expertise – Professional makeup artists know what products work best to achieve different looks and are a wealth of creative knowledge at your disposal.
4. They prepare the talent – Many clients are new to the limelight and may feel nervous in front of a camera. A professional makeup artist will help give them confidence and relax them before their big moment.
5. They build your professional team – A professional makeup artist becomes an extension of your team, an extra set of hands and assists you in achieving the overall look and feel you desire for your project.
For many commercial projects, time and budget is a big consideration. A professional makeup artist is a valuable asset to your team that will help you to maximize both of these things and keep your project on track.
Carmina was responsible for preparing a total of 9 actors and actresses each day with the appropriate make-up applications and beauty styling needs for each particular scene being filmed. Her challenge was to be on-call for consecutive periods ranging 8-12 hours each day, and to create each character as instructed by the director. Carmina completed her work timely, creatively and professionally; always on time and available on set to freshen up the talent. Sets are always a tough venue, and generally result in a lot of stress in various departments, but Carmina executed these situations with a pleasant sense of humor, candor, and always with a positive outlook.
All the actors and crew that worked with her admired her involvement and her commitment to this project.
Cristian Vargalui, Executive Producer, La Dolce Vita Productions
During Carmina Cristina’s service with us I admired her for many valuable qualities, and regarded her with evermore respect. Very much a team player, Carmina was always punctual, yet easygoing. She was keenly devoted to her work, but being a real people person, she was also enjoyable to be around.
Carmina demonstrated from early in her tenure that she understood what business is all about. She
was well organized. Almost without exception, she put the customer first, feeling as I do that they key to good business is satisfied customers. I suppose doing well in business is easy if you are, as she was, efficient by nature.
Alexandru Rabanca, General Manager, Cosmétiques de France
As a producer, you plan and prepare as much as possible prior to shoot day. You are responsible to make sure everything gets captured that needs to, in the way that it is supposed to. Part of the pressure is making sure you have built the right team that will help you deliver what the client is expecting
– both in final product and in the experience getting there. Carmina is one of those rare talents that will help you exceed those expectations every time. She invests herself in each project. She takes the time to understand your expectations and her role. Her presence on-set demonstrates a well-balanced mix of being reactive and proactive. She cares about what is in each frame without over-stepping her boundaries. She’s willing to adapt her working style to accommodate yours. And she somehow comforts and empowers each person who sits in her chair, setting them at ease and making them ready to step out in front of the camera and take charge – something I recently got to experience
firsthand. But of course, none of this would be relevant if it wasn’t coupled with incredible skills in her craft, of which she delivers on brilliantly
Dean Sell, Producer, JPL Creative
I first worked with Carmina as an actor. It was a fast moving set with a lot of actors and Carmina effortlessly met her deadlines for each actor and got everyone to set on time. I was very impressed. I also work as an independent producer/director and I realized the value of someone with her skills and calm demeanor under pressure. I was fortunate to be able to book Carmina
for my next project. The shoot required that our lead actor have an overgrown bushy beard that almost reached his chest. Carmina took on this challenge with the same calm ease that impressed me on our initial meeting. On the day of the shoot we were running behind due to inclement weather. Carmina helped us make up that time by applying the beard and make-up effects in even less time than we had allotted. I have worked with a variety of make-up artists but Carmina is by far one of the most talented and dependable professionals I’ve met.
Erik Soulliard, Annubis Productions
Carmina has experience and expertise in the following fields:
Film, TV, Video and High Definition and the best makeup to use for each of these mediums.
Theatrical makeup and special effects
Period and historical makeup (1920s to present)
Character makeup design: manipulating the age, genetics, lifestyle and health of a character
Carmina Cristina brings years of experience and a lifetime of natural talent to her work. She is a true professional in her makeup artistry skill as well as in her attitude and presence on-set. Contact Carmina today to receive a quote and take the guess work and stress out of your next commercial photo shoot or video production!